I see a different you

Monday 5 July 2010

Summer Sky or the Nostalgic Days


“The heavens opened for the sunset tonight. When I have thought the day folded and sealed, came a burst of heavenly bright petals…I sat behind the window, pricked with rain, and looked until that hard thing in my breast melted and broke into the smallest fountain, murmuring as aforetime, and I drank the sky and the whisper.”

 Katherine Mansfield, Journal, 1914.

xxxxxxxxx

Summer sunset skies come to my mind in the shape of old memories of my life...like the days i spent «standing at the beach, staring at the sea» - The Cure reference here - a certain lazyness and melancoly, well described by Janis Joplin in «Summertime», a feeling of longing to be somewhere else in the world, a nostalgic feeling of an old first lover, an almost untouchable feeling of childhood - the immeasurable feeling of happiness i felt as a kid - and finally, the good and old bike days around my neighborhood.

This is summer to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment