I see a different you

Sunday 20 September 2009

All that you can´t leave behind.



It´s been one year since I left my city behind.

However, it didn´t change my heart at all, although i feel different in "a different place".

Well, but i can say that i learned too much, at least i think so.

I learned how to handle:

the pain ("desperation is a tender trap, it gets you every time," Bono said once. This is the most difficult one, i´m still learning.)
the difficulties.
my low self - esteem (a little bit, i have to work it out better).

I learned:

how to study harder.
that i could be very good in my subjects when i tried harder.
that living in small place (my room) changes everything.
how to survive without tv (and i still can´t have one).
to enjoy the cold breeze.
to enjoy some portuguese people.
to love beer (i used to hate).

But i can´t never leave behind things that are part of myself, like:

the fact that i still cry about people and things that are in my hometown.
my pets.
my nephews.
the beach (how i miss one).
my guitar.
the cover bands (U2 and Beatles).
my true friends.


"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make."

The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment